View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:50 PM

moshey is on a distinguished road
BMW loaner car gripe, tarnishing BMW rep?

I am on my 2nd BMW vehicle (2008 x5, love the style) but I have owned other "luxury" brands which offer GREAT service (infiniti, lexus, mercedes) w/ free name brand loaners and not so great such as (lincoln) no more lincolns for me.

On my old bmw I owned 10 years ago the service was exceptional with bmw loaners etc., BUT today in needing my car routinely serviced which is just out of warranty due to mileage I was shocked to learn that loaner cars for BMW are now at dealership discretion, and they wont let you have a loaner UNLESS you bought the vehicle directly from them.

Now i am and will continue to be a USED car buyer, but don't you guys think this will HURT even new car buyers (resale value) in that in the future as a USED car buyer I will be less likely to buy a used BMW? Why is there a need to treat USED car buyers as 2nd class citizens, without an interested buyer in your automobile it is worthless.

I love my new 2 me 2008 x5 which is paid off and THANKFULLY in DFW i found 1 classic BMW dealer who treated me like they want my business sure its 25 miles away but they have earned my future business and all the other BMW dealers locally in the DFW, no mas! I wish BMW would keep up with the Joneses on this issue as I like BMW, don't turn into Lincoln...

Sponsored Links