View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:17 PM

GoVols! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
Maybe the RFT in cars are different than the X-5, because trying to change a tire on one of those vehicles is difficult at best. I have the Bridgestone RFT on my SUV and except for some noise,,,I like them. The sidewalls are stiff,,no real roll to speak of,,and I don't worry too much about flats or having my wife out in it with a flat. I looked at the DWS, but I had them on my AMG, and the sidewalls were way to soft,,,good milage,,but you really noticed the soft flex walls. When you have a vehicle that weighs over 5000lbs, with a high center of gravity,,,sidewall flex and stability is my number one concern. Lets face it,,,with a X-5,,the twisties is about the last thing you would try although I must say,,with the RFT it does seem very stable. Final thought,,,if I ever got a flat,,the worst thing that would happen is that I would drive it to a tire store and have it repaired or replaced,,,if I put regular tires on,,,I would either need to call a tow truck,,or use the fix-a-flat can and ruin my TPMS which I would need to replace along with the repair......easy choice for me...RFT!
Fair enough. To each his own, but keep in mind you can call a lot of tow trucks for the extra expense of RFT's. Figure keeping the car for 6 years and driving 15k a year. That is at least 1 but probably 2 extra sets of tires you'll go through or ~$2,500. To me, RFT's solve a non-existant problem.

Sponsored Links