View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
So wanted to share my experience from this last night.

Finding those bolts for the HUGE ASS cover was sort of a paint the first time around. Got it done, dropped it down. I don't think it can come out all the way, the exhaust is in the way on one corner. Either way, more than enough room to work under there.

So I have the clips on my fuel filter. Push them in, got the new filter hanging there in about 5 seconds.

That vac line was a bitch. I scuffed it up a bit, but cut off the damaged part, and was able to reuse it.

Put everything back together, and guess what, the car won't start for shit.

Tried to start it a million times, well maybe more like 20 times, but nothing.

Started to think that I don't have enough fuel, especially since the car was on ramps on the drivers side. Went to a gas station to get fuel. 2 Gallons in, and still won't start. Rolled the car off the ramps, still won't start.

At this point I am bugging out. Must have kinked that vac line or something. I'm usually careful with these things, but something wasn't right. Squeeze my self under the car again, and drop that damn cover, now it's tight to work under there. Open it up, everything looks good. SHIT. Go to the trash can, take out the old filter, and put it back in.

Son of a bitch, it started on half crank. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Time to call ECS and get the OE filter. This Mahle filter is BS. I bet the regulator was not letting fuel pass through it. When I went to take off the fuel lines from the IN side, both had so much pressure, that they PSSSSSTT, popped off after depressing the clip. The OUT side, no fuel came out.

Shit. I have to use the damn F150 till I get the replacement. I don't want to put that cover back up, only to take it down again.

I got owned by the first non OE part that I ever purchased. Goes to show you, don't listen to sales people who tell you they don't put OE parts if something else is available.

Sponsored Links