View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 PM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
SlickGT1 - I'd flip that fuel filter if it is sitting on that much pressure but having zero flow it sounds like the filter (which is a one way filter) is reversed. We haven't had any of issues with any of the filters listed HERE for the 4.8is.
No it can't be reversed. 4.8is, So dual inlets, single outlet. There are also direction flow arrows on the old filter and new filter. There is also a single outlet, with a vacuum port on it for the pressure regulator on the inlet side. I though the same thing, but it just can't be reversed.

When installing, I even made sure to disconnect one line, and connect it to the new filter. Disconnect next line, connect to filter, and so on. Reason for this is to minimize fuel spillage in the garage.

I was so confident with the install, that I buttoned it up without starting the car.

Now, when I took the new filter off, I put back the old filter same way, and the car fired up instantly.

Edit. Ok I think you probably meant to say that the return line, and the feed line are reversed. I though that could be the case as well. So I swapped them around, same thing, new filter seems shot, more to the point, the pressure regulator seems shot. I don't get how this is even possible.

Last edited by SlickGT1; 02-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Sponsored Links