View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM

williak7 is on a distinguished road
I've had my 05 4.4 at the dealer for the following:

1. on quick stops it seems I am catching the trans from downshifting into 1st, so when I quick stop and start it isn't in gear then it jumps because it shifts to first while I have pressed the gas.

2. this is the most annoying of the scenarios... at 40MPH on level ground at a steady speed it seems to slip in and out of gear causing a jerking action.

3. going up or down hills will cause the trans to either stay in a low gear too long before shifting up. it holds the RPMS and no matter if I let off the gas or increase speed it does not shift.

Of course the dealer could not get it to duplicate any of this. Such a waste of time. Initially they thought they would update the codes as they found a scenario where the codes fix this, but come to find out it was for a 3.0 model.

They did set the adaptive learning to defaults so it would re-learn my driving but this is very annoying and I am afraid it meaning something is going wrong with the transmission and I don't want to wait until it completely breaks to fix it.

Kevin

Sponsored Links