View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 AM

DoubleA is on a distinguished road
I heard some people claiming that the X5 is no good in snow ? But when you asked questions, you quickly find they drive on 19" wheel with 4 season tire or performance tire, this is the equivalent of doing roller blade on ice. Just like Clockwork, I live in winter-land and winter last about 5 months, in a typical winter we can get 15 feet of snow, we also get ice storm, ice rain etc. Let's put it that way, if you live in a country where there is a winter, meaning snow and such, you need 4 good winter tire no matter what car or suv you drive. I have had the X5 for about 3 years now, and it's been very good, better than the Pathfinder or the Murano I have had in the past, I mean they were ok but the X5 is a top notch better. I drive 1 h 1/2hr to the country house up in the north hill every week-end and I have nothing but good to say about the X5 (4.4i 2004) Another factor that count is people are driving like plain idiot on a icy situation, many time the SUV are the first to loose control and ending up off road, they think because they have suv they can drive fast on ice. I'm 50 and I never had an accident in winter, but I drive accordingly to the road condition and lower my speed wether it's raining or snowing. Follow the rules of good sense and your X5 will serve you well in any condition. Gentleman have a wonderful day and please drive safely in all conditions.

Sponsored Links