View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Patryk1098 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaesq View Post
So. It just happened again . . . tried starting the car and nothing. After the 1st time, I turned on and off the car a couple of times (without starting it). then tried again . . .nothing. No puttering . . . nothing. then I tried openning the throttle body a little bit by pushing down the gas pedal . . . nothing. On the 4th try, I opened the throttle body a bit more (1/4 or 1/3?) and it sputtered and started. after that . . . runs smooth as silk. WTF?

Any opinions? Think it is the MAF sensor? I couldn't hear the fuel pump because it was a windy day and no one around to turn the key while I got under the car. Could not smell the gas fumes as usual . . . I suspect the wind blowing in opposit direction.

I'm frustrated . . . any help please.
Bring it to the dealership, for 1.5 hours labor (or less) they should be able to update the DME software --ONLY IF IT NEEDS IT (they'll be able to tell).

That solved my problem.

If you're smelling a LOT of fuel, check for leaks. You may have leaking injectors --but if that's the case, you'll smell fuel almost all the time. I smelled fuel, but it wasn't because my injectors were leaking --so this should only be tried AFTER the DME software update.

If you update the DME software, have no leaks, then it's probably the fuel pump. You're getting up to the second service, so the fuel filter and pump should probably be replaced anyway during that service. The service is roughly $850 - $1000 depending on labor rates. I'm in Eastern Massachusetts and had Turner Motorsports perform my Service 2 for $850.

Again; updating the DME solved my problem; The non-starting issue hasn't returned. See my comments above for more detail.

Sponsored Links