View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM

95M3Gretchen_&_06X5Rolf is on a distinguished road
Hi X5toker - In my experience with my M3 and Mike Miller's advice regarding the X5, the cooling system is the biggest weak point. Mike recommends preventative replacement of the water pump, thermostat + housing, hoses and radiator every 60K, so you might have been on borrowed time. When your water pump went, it would have caused the radiator cracks or vice versa. My M3 needed hydraulic belt tensioners at 100K, so you were in that range and the M3 needed 1 window regulator at 88K. All in all, you might have covered all the bad stuff and it might be smoother sailing for awhile!

PS - yours is my favorite color
1995 M3 (Gretchen) dakar/blk, 186K miles, ECIS CAIS w/ EURO HFM, Turner Chip, Stygar SS, X brace, 24lb Ford injectors, UUC mounts & swaybarbarians, aluminum cooling system components, Euro brake components & SS lines, underdrive pulleys, aluminum machined interior pieces, custom yellow on yellow flag decals, carbon fiber splitters & more...loves to be driven hard & put away wet.
2006 X5 (Rolf) silver / blk, 6spd manual, 54K miles, former BMW Munich Corporate Exec car, like new.

Sponsored Links