View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 PM

nigwhyrito is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input ccfj1

I will take your advice and order that plastic housing (SOT) off ebay

As for the OEM harness. You say sell it. thats the part im not understanding.

Quote:
Thats going to be a problem then mate, the two looms are not the same. you can use the OEM loom but its a shit load more work, as you will need to run all the speakers wires too, and it will want to plug into plugs your car wont have.... so don't bother with it.

Sell it and get the proper retrofit loom.
I thought the OEm loom was the proper harness for what Im trying to do. I am adding DSP and navigation to my car. I looked at the loom I have and I think i figured out where everything plugs in at.. 3 plugs for dsp amp + coaxial cable
1 or 2 cd changer plugs,DSP subwoofer BM53 plugs ( which i have to order the part for.What appears to be the fm radio tuner connector )
the seller even sent his blutooth harness even though i already have that.
I think I can make it work if i use the WDS site and the wisdom from this site. Besides I got it for a great price 140 bucks shipped. and its only 1 year older than my car. + 15 bucks now for new connector compared to retrofit harness price of 500 bucks.

I will use the wds site to track down where the wheel speed sensor is in my vehicle.

But you are right it will be alot of work. Im prepared to take my seats outs and take about weeks vacation ..

I just wish i knew what dsp amp to buy.

wishlist
Comfort Seats
speckdock 2.5

Mods
Air suspension - wip
skid plate replica - in box
OEM sunroof deflector
OEM bluetooth streaming
navi,dsp,tv retrofit - wip
Low prof roof racks
2 directtv satelite tuners