View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM

ncal is on a distinguished road
I'm not overly concerned with the nav or camera to be honest. From what I've read on the electrical issues/battery drain, maybe having a little less tech is not such a bad thing. I also didn't really use them on the ML..given they are crap on the ML though.

I did just see a similar miles and price car pop up in my area with all the extras, but its beige on beige. Not sure I'm in that stage of life yet. lol

The ML was a nice riding car and great options...but lots of issues. A/c motor went out twice, cam magnet sensor, rear gate mechanism broke 3 times, control arms on all 4 wheels replaced, alarm going off randomly for a few weeks. The tranny wouldn't shift out of first for a while, it would just rev til you shut the car off. I brought it in for an alarming groaning noise while in reverse 2 months ago. After two months of the head mechanic and a regional MB engineer looking at it, and $8k, they still couldn't figure it out. MB agreed to brand it a lemon and buy it back.
Oh...and I did go test drive another ML yesterday at a dealer. It was a CPO car with low miles. Got all excited, thing was loaded and in pristine shape. Go for the test drive...groaning noise while driving from front left...and a vibration when letting off the gas. lol

I've always preferred the styling of the x5 better to be honest. More aggressive stance and xenon lights are standard for god sakes, which always pissed me off about the ML's. Very hard to find an ML with xenon, even the 2012.

Sponsored Links