View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 AM

ex10psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncluett View Post
Info from BMW US Tech Support (via dealer Shop Foreman):

We have determined that the “trailer hitch view” that is mentioned on the bmwusa.com accessories website (and widely discussed in various bmw online forums) is not an option on your late model X5.

This is a feature that was available for early production X5’s with the CCC systems, your vehicle is a CIC system and utilizes a better camera. Your system functions as designed with all available features.

BMW NA will be correcting this information on their website sometime in the future.
Thank you for posting this! I just had BMW seattle install the trailer hitch kit on my 2012 X5 35d and picked up the car today, I am also missing the camera zoom mode with that trailer icon. Sounds like the late model X5's do not have this feature anymore? That's too bad as i would assume this helps when backing up to hook up the trailer.

So how do we know for sure the programming was done correctly by the dealer? I'm not satisfied with them just telling me that everything was coded correctly. I'd like to know if there is some way to "prove" that the vehicle has been coded correctly? As i understand it activates some kind of fancy sway control, etc... would hate to miss out on this feature because the dealer doesnt know what they're doing.

Sponsored Links