View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
I had a good listen over the weekend and I could not hear any clicking sounds from underneath the car when switching off.

Does this noise always occur/present when the transfer case actuator is worn?

Now I am thinking it may be something else?

I have left the car at friends garage after driving it over the weekend so he can check if the steering angle sensor code reappears and for him to investigate further.

It seems to be driving ok with no noises etc. Anyone have any other ideas?
If you have that error on your dash. The actuator is disabled and it will not do that clicking sound. If that error goes away, and then when you shout down, it will click.

It is really 3 bolts to get that thing off. When you take it apart, you will see if the gears are stripped. Mark the actuator plastic gear before you pull its motor off. Google this issue. You will see what I mean. The actuator motor has a worm gear, and when you pull it out it will turn the plastic "worn gear". So mark that on the actuator body before you pull the motor out. Then flip it 180 degrees, so mirror to what you marked, and re-insert the motor. If it works, you won't have any errors right away.

When you take out the motor, look through the hole, and you will see if the teeth on the plastic gear are round, as in shaved by the worm gear.

Sponsored Links