View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Premier Member

JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
I used Axxis Deluxe pads on my E53, with great results. Almost no dust, same pedal feel and bite, and very little additional noise (but some, they weren't as quiet as OE when stone cold). One good stop was enough to silence them, and they never squealed, they just had some pad noise when cold. I have put the same pads on many different BMW vehicles, and they were even better on my 535i, which I ran for four years. I would hunt them down and find out where to get them, as they aren't as easy to find as they used to be.

The other choice is to call the supplier I used, Dave at Zeckhausen Racing. I trust him and would ask him what he recommends in place of the Axxis Deluxe that he no longer carries (or at least, he no longer advertises). You could find the Axxis Deluxe elsewhere (they were called PBR or PBR-Repco Deluxe when they weren't branded Axxis, which was just a US trade name). If you talk to Dave, I believe he will recommend Centric Posi-Quiet. I haven't used them myself, but I do tend to trust that supplier. Your call.

Read about them here:

BMW X5 Products - StopTech big brake kits, pads, tires

You could also check with other board sponsors, including ECS Tuning. They will all have recommendations.

I checked the ECS website out of idle curiousity, and see that in addition to OE pads, Akebono, and Hawk, they are carrying PBR. That is the pad that was branded as Axxis in the US only. I used PBR for twenty years before some distributor started using the Axxis name, and highly recommend them. Same pad. I would use the Deluxe, not the ULT, when choosing Axxis/PBR.

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Sponsored Links