View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 06:12 AM

patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
Hello.

I tried to do some coding for some features that I thought I might like. I got a hold of something called ediabas and ncs expert, and after a ton of reading plunged into the coding. First, I saved the original read-out of the original factory (or as I bought the car) settings.

My goal was to:

remove the amber corner lights when the lights are on - did that
make the angel eyes turn on with the engine (a la DRL) - could not do that
remove the "ding-ding" when the key is left in the ignition - did that
allow power windows to roll up/down when doors are open - could not do that
have the panorama roof close when rainsensor catches rain - could not do that (but now I lost one touch roof close!!)
auto lock doors when reaching certain speed - could not do that
there were a few other things in the list of possible items marked "activ/nicht_activ" that sounded very tempting but changing them into the opposite value did not yield any desired results. I wonder, if I achieved any undesired results, but so far nothing fell off the car - I kept my eyes in the rearview mirror... lol...

Any opinions? any suggestions? I realize, that I am opening myself wide open, but please, keep the remarks PG-13 and kosher.... hahaha
auto lock doors when reaching certain speed - VERRIEGELN_AUT_AB_X_KMH
window safety feature - TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT
rain sensor is stupid. You need wipers on auto and if it rains it will close your sunroof and you won't be able to open it again until you turn off your car . It will not auto close if you have your car off and locked.
DRLs - try VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL. make sure TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_1 is aktiv. I forgot if I got this to work or not, but I disabled my drls and just flip the switch to parking lights when I drive.

Hope I didn't miss anything, reading through lists of codes at 6am everything all seems to look the same , if these don't work I'll take a look at my modules tomorrow. These should work though, good luck!

2005 X5 3.0i

pm me if you want your BMW coded!

H8 angel eyes and LED license plate lights FS.

Sponsored Links