View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 PM

TerminatorX5 is on a distinguished road
Here are two files, the original that I keep just in case if I need to revert back, and the latest one that I got from the car this afternoon, after making one of your suggested changes.

Items on the wish list -

angel eyes acting as DRL (my E39 used to BUZZ with the lights on, the E53 makes a soft, gentle "ding", which I have a tendency of not hearing... getting old, I guess)...
auto locking once driven off - I had it on my 4.6iS done in Moscow.
radio to operate on odd frequencies (US) as well as the even ones (ECE) - had it working on the 4.6iS, guys in Moscow activated it (probably not the NCS controllable feature)
Gong to stop annoying me and the passenger about the seatbelt - I wear mine all the times but sometimes, on the test drives around the house, it is rather annoying. The little icon on the dashboard is ok.
possible window and sunroof closing with the remote keyfob.

Fog lights on at the same time as the high beams - done. Could not have it on the 4.6iS, as the LCM there did not support the feature.
got rid of the gong on while the key is in the ignition

somehow, now, when I am opening the sun roof, it opens as designed, and tilts up as designed, however, when closing it, whether from tilt down, or from open to close, it is closing in stages - it takes TWO presses of the buttion to close it form the tilt position, and 11 presses to close the glass portion of the roof and 14 presses to close the cover of the roof. The glass, or the felt (is it felt?) cover move a couple of inches, and then stop. Holding the button continiously to let it ride does not help, I have to let the button go and then press it again... and again.. again... again... again... and it is 25 times, until the whole thing is closed!!! lol...

I hope that once i return the values for the rain sunroof back to original, the roof will operate normal... just a hope...

I am using a "BMW Coding Tool" to read the values in English and quickly change them from activ to nicht_activ. Then I am dooing the coding itself with the NCS expert...

Oh, and to add to the confusion, this work is done on the '06 4.8iS, which I got less then a month ago, in addition to my '02 4.6iS, that I had for a few years now... nothing is being done to the 4.6... I need to update my signature profile...
Attached Files
File Type: txt original FSW_PSW-text.txt (49.7 KB, 1526 views)
File Type: txt FSW_PSW-text.txt (49.6 KB, 1694 views)
USA, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Russia

E53 X5 4.8iS built 2005-10-17
66200 mi - June 2012
96000 mi - June 2013
112000 mi - June 2014
OEM fire extinguisher
OE first aid kit
OE tow hitch
OE TV module
OE aspheric mirror
K&N air filter
black/white badges