View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 AM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-x5-48is View Post
Guys, so I installed a H pipe after all.. (Cheers Turbo_Bimmer!) The shop said it will sound better over a x-pipe.... Maybe it was easier for them to do? or maybe they already had a H- pipe in stock.. who knows.. but they went ahead installed the H-pipe (3hrs labor + 80 bucks for the Hpipe) all I have to say is holly bejesus... once I got to the shop started it up it sounded almost like it did with the resonators.. but if you rev the 4.8is up the sound is the most sexy thing I have ever heard of in my life... it is simply like a wild animal is about to devour its food.. and the funny thing is that it seems quiet when just idling.. almost like before with the resonator... but once you hit the gas... all that changes... It has a nice deep v-8 sound to it when driving around normally (cruising) but once you rev pass 2500rpm the monster growl comes out & its insane!... I'll try to post a vid over the weekend.. so went with H-pipe after .. maybe in the future i'll switch it up to a x-pipe to see the difference... but for now Im happy & thats all that matters... and for the loss of power... i dont feel any difference.. I feel like the engine breathes easier & actually revs faster..
Please make a vid when you get a chance. I am almost certain I want an H-Pipe as well. All the X pipes that I heard have a decent amount of rasp. Not my stile at all. Thanks in advance.

2017 F85 x5m, Black on Red. BEAST MODE

"The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes." - Mark Twain

Unlock OBC post 5

Sponsored Links