View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Ldiggs910 is on a distinguished road
I Had My Seats Recovered...

My seats were already cracked, faded, and worn but wearing True Religion jeans with the big buttons on them signaled the death of them. Two big slices thru the drivers seat revealing the white innards underneath prompted me to bite the bullet and have them recovered after researching many seat cover options.

I was going out of town for a couple of weeks so I had the car dropped off while I was gone but it was dropped off on Monday morning and was ready to be picked up Wednesday late afternoon.

I had leather seats initially but chose leatherette for the recover 1) because there wasnt much of a difference in appearance, 2) cost, and 3) because I will likely get a new car in the spring and didnt want to spend too much. The recover including center console ran less than $1000.

I initially didnt even think about recovering the center console until I got home and saw how out of place it now looked. I wound up taking it back and had him cover the console the reverse of the seats, grained leatherette in the center, perforations at the side.

I had the slimline bass box installed about two years ago and the upholsterer did a nice framing job. Everything looks really clean and neat and I am quite satisfied with the results.

2001 X5 3.0 manual with factory widebody kit

Sponsored Links