View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:10 AM

AzNMpower32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
M, that part I understand: have cars on the lot that Biff & Buffy think they want to buy/probably lease.

SG's point, and my rant is that one is hard pressed to pick off a few things one wants, (to order rather than buy off the freakin lot), without having to check several 'packages' that are full of stuff one may not want, but most of which contain 'stuff' that are way overpriced and simply gross margin propper uppers for the mfg.
I think it's a matter of corporate policy/principle. If individual customers start picking apart packages, then the whole point of developing a sales pricing plan is defeated. BMW NA does occasionally allow a special order and there is a process but this is only for options that are typically not offered (Individual Sound system, Piano black trim, etc...) and is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

On every car, I'd always like to get things a la carte. On a 3er, I want the sport seats, suspension, and steering wheel but not the glitzy bodywork. I want 4-way electric lumbar but not electric seats. But ultimately BMW is in the business to make money, and if ordering policies are overridden frequently then suddenly you'll get oddball, cancelled orders on lots and messed up accounting.

Sponsored Links