View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 AM

E53inLA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrap View Post
The drier is not a wear part. It should never have to be replaced on a x5. Even if the system is opened for more than 24 hrs. The drier is an insert on all x5s. During a certain production period, the condenser was redesigned and the old drier insert is no longer available. If you must replace it, the entire condenser must be replaced. So inexpensive? I don't think so.

If you can explain how smog can get into a closed system, the guys at NASA have a job waiting for you.
I'm certainly no expert... and often confused. I did a google search and found this:

The air conditioning receiver drier is better named refrigerant storage device because, in essence, that is what it does. Beyond storing the excess refrigerant, the air conditioning receiver drier also houses a desiccant bag. This might vary depending on the design. The dessicant feature of the air conditioning receiver drier keeps debris and moisture out of the compressor. It serves as the "air filter" for the air conditioning system.

Air Conditioning Receiver Drier - Discount Prices!

The plan is to replace the part and recharge the system. I will report back later on the final result.

Sponsored Links