View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM

HPIA4v2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmugur View Post
Civdiv, I am thinking to add one as you did to get rid of the harsh 2-1 downshift which seems to happen only when the temperature is above 97 degrees Celsius. That's my alternative after unsuccessfully rebuilding the tranny and I am not willing to spend another 5K to have a new tranny installed.
What are your recommendations for this project? How did you mounted it on the radiator? Is that the best place to install it or you would do it different if you have to do it again? What about the oil pressure, what connectors did you use to be support that pressure.
Thanks,
97C tranny fluid temp? just curious.

I've been wondering about bigger trans cooler, not sure; mine shift OK (up or down) but after 30-min or so I feel minuet vibration and feel like the car is 1-gear above what it suppose to be, but when I punch it it down shift fine, no jerk, just wonder if higher temp makes the tranny fluid viscocity change out of it's range a bit. BTW, after coolant flush (every 2-3 yr interval) the symptomms disappear for a while so I know it seems related to temp, no code according to BT tools. sorry I don't have GT1.

Sponsored Links