View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM

Turbo_Bimmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
I activated the ECE line and that turned on the low beams on as DRLs. I did not turn it off yet, as my laptop is acting up after my kid played some videogames on line, so I have to get my computer in order first...

I wonder if the front fog light could be used as the DRLs as I don't like running the HIDs as the DLRs and even the reduced output for the high beams is not that much better...

I have not tested the difference between the Euro and Denmark settings but will get back into the fold once the computer is up and running...

I did test the rain feature of the sunroof though - it was raining and I activated the rain wipers and opened the roof while in the garage... As I pulled out the garage under the rain, I realized why that feature is stupid - If I am not noticing the rain dripping on my head with roof open, that makes me a moron!!!

Nevertheless, as soon as the wipers moved, the roof started to close and completely closed. I tried to open it again, remembering that it should not open, but - but it opened with no problems, however, as soon the wipers moved, it started to close again... I then tilted the roof, and again, as soon as the wipers moved again, the roof closed... on a sunny day, I activated the rain sensor again, opened the roof and activated the windshield wash - but the roof did NOT close...

So, I will keep that feature, even though I find it funny to have...

On the other hand, if the rain sensor was to be active at all the times, even when the car's ignition is off, than that would be an invaluable feature - driver would not have to even touch the wiper control, and let the rain sensor operate the wipers, the roof - would be nice to turn on the headlights and roll the windows up and turn AC on all at the same time... with ignition off, just close windows and roof...

But that is asking too much from the system, is it not???

Terminator, did you find a way to use the fog lights as DRL (with coding)?
I would like to do that.
I already disabled the halogen DRL, and hardwired the angel eyes as DRL, but the light output is so low, I would like to have the fog as well for safety.

If it can't be done by coding, I will hardwire them, one day...

Sponsored Links