Thread: Calling HIRISC
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Hell on wheels....

cmyX6go will become famous soon enough
Calling HIRISC

Do you have 19s or 20s on the 50i?

I ask because the feel of my steering wheel is driving me crazy. Put aside the fact that I went from non adaptive steering to the servotronic speed sensitive steering that is standard in the ///M. That alone is pissing me off. I am so used to how my steering used to be tight all the time, I really miss it. But back to my issue.

I'm still getting used to the difference between the 50i and the ///M. I had 19s on the 50i, and have the 20s on the ///M. I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel at lower speeds (say up to 50-60 mph). Once I hit 65, I can see the steering wheel shutter. I haven't had time to go to the dealer. I was out with my brother today and he drove ( he has a B7) and I told him what I felt in the steering wheel. He says it's normal, it's due to the larger, wider tires. He feels the difference between his winter set up and his 21" wheels. I refuse to accept that this is normal. I should be able to get to the dealer soon, and I will see for myself when I put on the 19" wheels with the 255 snow tires but I'm curious. Did you have a shutter? Can you feel the difference between the 50i and the ///M? I'm OK with the ride but this is going to push me over the edge!

TIA

Current:
2016 X6 ///M Black Sapphire Metallic

Last edited by cmyX6go; 10-19-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Sponsored Links