View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 PM
RetiredBum & Semi-RenaissanceMan

motordavid will become famous soon enoughmotordavid will become famous soon enough
From the back row of the peanut gallery, and glad you all got your vaccinations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynashracing View Post
...Yes, we're living longer. Although, if I'm not mistaken there's some evidence that this might be reversing?! I'll have to look and talk with some actuarials.

My guess is all the points you & JCL mentioned: sanitation, vaccination, some good drugs made by the evil BigPharma, remarkable research by non-Phamas, food source, etc.

Again, it's not the type of kill associated with say nuclear bombs. It's a slow kill process.
None of us gets out alive; not to be a smart azz but if the/some 'system(s)' were on a eugenics/destructive path, we probably would not be living longer, on avg. And, by the time any of 'us' turn over the rock and find the 'culprits', it will be too late for us, and probably my mid 40s kids and a grandkid. It may be too late to slow the evolutionary change, no matter its recent direction change origin. But, I suspect homo sapiens will be around for a long time, barring apocalyptic war.

If you were a virus and latched onto a host...would you suck the life out of the host quickly, or would you slowly feed...to preserve YOUR way of life?
No xpert, but Biology was one of my 3 majors, but way back in the '60s. You need to read Wiki or simple search on 'viruses': they are simply/complexly some DNA/RNA with a protein coat. They aren't 'thinking' or 'planning about their host's cells they are about to enter and take control of. They are not parasites and are not symbiotic, but they work as hard as they can to take over/destroy every cell then can inject into, and don't care if millions of cells or the host croaks...there are billions of them out there in the world, slightly evolving, waiting for the next opportunity. Viruses are not sentient and have no plan. Most virologists suspect they have been around since before, or shortly after 'bacteria' and have played a remarkable role in cell evolution, inc human evolution. Same for bacteria, by the bye. I realize you were probably using a buzz word from finance, but it is a stretch, imo.

The smart ones will do it slowly. This accomplishes two things:

Longevity for the entity that has invaded.

No one is immediately alerted that there is a dire consequence that should be eradicated.

HolyfookinMoly! Back to conspriracies under most rocks!

I am simplistically, not a 'government fan', not an authority fan, and realize that the Big Pharms are cross selling all day long via ads: "Ask your doctor about ReliefPills", etc. I don't take anything other than a generic vitamin and an aspirin. I have a couple bad habits, but eat well and exercise my 65 yr old azz off every day. Do I wonder what is lying in wait? No...Do I worry about those undiscovered systems and programs? No. Is commerce and food growing and 'medicine' all caught up in their own slight greed? Yes, imo. But, I ain't gonna change that. And, 'studying' the fear mongers and slightly bent web sites and professed experts with a different & usually unsubstantiated view, will afford me very little or nothing, in terms of another couple decades, at best, on the planet.

I am not suggesting that questioning things is not good; it is. And, I really feel if one isn't pissed off at 'something', one isn't paying attention. But, time mellows us, and rants tend to be just that: rants. I hope you find all the proper paths, but don't drive yourself crazy seeking them...we have been rattling around the planet and surviving, for a qtr of a million years.

Last edited by motordavid; 11-13-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Sponsored Links