View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:05 PM

DTMdan is on a distinguished road
Another pic where you can see it with where the bolt actually comes down to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickGT1 View Post
Right, but the screw is way up top no? So that 2 inch should be enough. I was pretty sure I saw body-shop guy pull of a dudes bumper without removing tips 4.8is. I remember him swearing like crazy, but he got it out. I was drinking in his shop, so I might be confused. But I was pretty sure.
I don't know about everyone else's bumpers but the reinforcement bar came off with the bumper and that bolt goes through the bottom of that bar through the bumper bracket and screws into the top, so at least on my vehicle I had to remove the bolt completely to remove the bumper. *Edit: Unless the bolt isn't supposed to be removed all the way so the bumper can pull away from the bar and only it comes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Dan,

tips look good.

Do they stick out at all more than you'd like? All the posts I was reading saying they need 1.5 - 2 inches trimmed off before they are welded on.
They stick out less than I expected (which is good). Yeah I took another look at it when I got home and I think if I trim 1-3/4" off the tips it might be enough to clear. Meineke was no help btw haha, I stopped after work and they pretty much told me I'm S.O.L.

Last edited by DTMdan; 11-20-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Sponsored Links