View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Sylvan Lake V35 is on a distinguished road
Reading this thread is a little confusing to help clear a couple things up. There are two types of blow off valves (BOV) either vent to atmosphere or air recirculated pre-turbo, a by pass valve (BPV) is typically on a roots or eaton style supercharger and is not the same as it allows air to bypass the supercharger when in vacuume.
It's a horrible idea to vent to atmosphere on a MAF system because the ECU has accounted for that air and added additional fuel for it then when you vent the air the AFR goes rich and can cause hesitation. As everyone pointed out it also sounds foolish. Down pipes are a great way to get more of the turbo Spool or "whistle" in my opinion that is the turbo sound that I was to hear. Another this is hard intake pipes with a cone air filter (cold air intake) will also give the OEM re-circ BOV a louder sound as will an aftermarket re-circ valve i havent taken a look to see what kind of valve it is but typically OEMs use a Bosh valve and Samco and Go Fast Bits make direct bolt on replacments for bosh valves they wont hurt your performance and will be slightly louder if that's what you dream about.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 12-02-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Sponsored Links