View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 AM

ninjabmw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbird View Post
I was having the same problem & the 4x4 yellow bulb lights up. Tested through my mechanic & find the steering wheel sensor not responding as it is not receiving power. He checked the connection and fuses and find no connection problem & concluded the sas is faulty. Second shop using his scanner found that the sas is not responding & concluded that it need 2b replaced. He reset the error code & calibrated it as a trial, just to show me that the light will come back soon. The light comes back again 2 meter away from the shop & I continue driving home. Second day I drove the car & found the light is off. Third day I drove the car too & the light still off.

Did you done something before the light comes up? replacing battery, disconnecting battery? aligning wheels? I suggest to reset the error code & calibrate & wait a few days before going into deeper actions. Check your battery voltage too. low battery voltage may force the light to come up. If the sensor is not receiving the right voltage supply, it may not work normally.

Normally the 90 degree error is caused by the spindle of the sas which might be broken or the shafts underneath the steering column need adjustment.

Experienced friends will sure have extra instructions for you. TC
Me too i think i need to calibrate it because it cant identify the sensor. Thanks for the input though

Sponsored Links