View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM

X5SND is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGMAN1 View Post
Any chance you can be a little more specific about where the expose wires were? I'm chasing an electrical drain as well and that would really help. Which end of the armrest should I take apart first?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from iPad using Tapatalk HD
If you open up the armrest, running up the inside of the two visible arms are wires for the BMW telephone. Mine were all broken right where they bend.....BUT I was also intermittently blowing fuses in the rear fuse panel. (As the wires would rub and short, they would blow the fuses in the rear) Only after a while of this (and apparently some chance) when a wire that was "hot" with the key off shorted onto the purple accessory wire did it cause the massive drain I experienced.

One of the tell-tale symptoms of this whole fiasco would be if your MID stays powered up when the key is off and out. I don't see any harm in pulling that harness as a preventative measure for future....but if you don't have the symptoms I detailed, it would probably be best to start looking for a drain elsewhere.

Mod list: Currently Longer than the maximum allowed characters that can be typed here...

Sponsored Links