View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:56 PM

tynashracing is on a distinguished road
Question for those of you that would like gun control and even elimination...Why? Is it to save innocent lives?

JCL hit the nail on the head..."I've been and read it as well, to try and understand the genesis of the position that there is a right to be armed. Obviously that right is enshrined in the second amendment. But when I read it I don't think about Cowboys and Indians, I read the phrase about a 'well-regulated militia' and think about government tyranny, putting down the English kng, and so on. So what I want to know is, where is the well-regulated militia? It appears to be required in order to justify an armed populace. And that regulation by militia leaders would presumably include putting those that don't keep their guns secured into stocks every now and then. Those that support gun ownership would appear to have an obligation to participate in that well-regulated militia. And by extension, if they believe the government of the day is not responsive to their desires, they have an obligation to take those guns and overthrow the government. Is that the country that 21st century Americans want?"

Unfortunately, the word militia has a negative connotation today...it implies "extremist" or "radical right wing". Amazing how a system can turn things inside out!

When FEMA teaches that Christians and the Founding Fathers of America are/were terrorists...we've got big problems. Fed training video: Christian and founding fathers called terrorists - YouTube

But here's the best...

Gandhi has written about self defense and training in arms...Prison Planet.com » Gandhi advocated the right to bear arms; use of ‘violence’ to defend innocents against bullying, oppression

Here are a few quotes from the above article...

“I do believe that where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence I would advise violence,” Gandhi wrote in his famous work, Doctrine of the Sword.

"When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence."

"Hence also do I advocate training in arms for those who believe in the method of violence. I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor". – M.K. Gandhi, The Doctrine of the Sword.

Sponsored Links