View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 PM

tynashracing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
in the absence of firearms one can take on an offender with bare hands even if the offender has cold weapon - I had taken on person with a knife with my bare hands and have a scar to prove it ( I was stupid, young kid, but there was no other choice, either live as a jackal with tail between legs or die as a lion... not that I am a lion, it was still stupid, i could have talked him out of it, but I was young... and stupid)... if he had a handgun or any other firearm, and I had a firearm (and you can see that I am not shying away from guns, I used an AK-74 when I was in service), I would have thought hard before engaging the enemy...

It is that bravada speaks so loud: "if it were I, I would have kicked his a$$, I would have done this and that. that bastard would have no chance if I were there"... nonsense - by the same token, our highly trained military personnel with all the intel and field situation awareness would have eliminated all the Talibs... which is not the case, as we all know... In many cases a non-lethal response is sufficient to subdue the offender in a non-military environment...
in that case, we should abolish the police, the sheriff department and the whole plethora of other law enforcement agencies, and return to the old days of militia - which brings us back to the very beginning.. the 2nd amendment...

These replies of keeping the arms, the right to bear arms - they underline the notion that there is NO legitimate law enforcement offered by the duly elected government, or that the response offered by the law enforcement is not adequate and that there is a valid need to carry arms in order to defend yourself from alleged criminals, as the government has no ability to do so...

think about a road rage, when two otherwise perfectly normal, sane, law-abiding citizens with clean bill of health and with a duly registered guns get so enraged at each other... Neither is a criminal, neither is a looney-case, both are respected members of society... but... something went wrong, one of them felt threatened for whatever reason, pulled a gun, the other one saw the gun, pulled his gun, in the result we have 5 innocent bystanders dead, both guys are totally dumbfounded in the police custody...
now, think if they had no firearms... I personally was deputized by one of our agents in NYC during UNGA 61 when two limo drivers did not settle on some food from a street vendor, and one of them went for a tire iron... yeah, someone could have been killed but the case ended with some bruised egos and couple real bruises... While our agent held back one guy, i held back the other guy, with the tire iron... if the llimo driver had a pistol - i'd be far away... and the crowd would have been long gone too... no pistol = street entertainment... lol.. nobody dead...

also, i have a feeling that I will be unsubscribing from this thread real soon - it is going off on some empty tangent... deja vu...

No doubt hot heads will use a weapon of convenience and regret their action later...if left alive to regret.

It's really the innocent lives that are lost that cause us much grief...would you agree?

Ha, nice jab at the end. No worries...I'm about done with this thread...just one more point to make.

Sponsored Links