View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 AM

Mission1 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Terryo

Please read my reply to a post on the American site in reply to someone else with only one key. Yes an aftermarket key can be done no problems. I also refused to pay $675 plus re coding of $70 plus freight of ?
I seem to have upset some of the good old boys buy pointing out that the world does not have to march to BMW's tune. BMW do not build the key, ECM module or the other computers in the car and actually come from the lowest vendor, which is why the motorcycle section is currently in serious warranty problems with very poor quality electronics and ABS modules( I have just returned from the factory in Berlin).
The car receiver gets a signal from the key (or anything else that can exactly reproduce it). My key from Ebay Hong Kong works just fine, but do your home work on the correct one not cheap crap. One of our Electronics Engineers at work assures me that a device freely available on the net can be made to copy any car signal code and reproduce it, just by being there when the car is unlocked, I am pleased he is honest.

Coding the replacement key is very easy following the steps on the American site.

Good Luck

Sponsored Links