View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon View Post
Benvette, I know BMW came out with DME update (SIB 1220404) to address the "stumble" or "hole" in the throttle map. Mine was done in 2011. It helped a ton. You may want to look into that. The Jim Conforti Shark Injector reprogram sharpened the throttle right up and eliminated any residual lag of the fbw. I love my shark injector. I'm getting one for the wife's X3. Just a thought for you as well.

Also...check your disa valve---that can cause goofy stuff if that flap is well...flapping around.

+1 on aftermarket software, my old VW needed a "chip" mod for it to have smooth throttle response, shark injector sounds nice i'll have to look it up, or you could always go Dinan stage 1 software for 300 bucks or so?

I will also look into the DME software update from the dealer, is it free and would it apply to pre-facelifts? Sometimes i feel that drive by wire lag and its annoying!

Haven't done the DISA full upgrade yet but I replaced the seal with a silicone o-ring from G.A.S. and it got smoother, the flap was working flawlessly as far as I could test so I didnt bother with replacing the assembly, yet.
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links