View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM

90turbo1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacman View Post
Why not ask the person selling the replacement engine to measure from the rear of the block to the mount holes and measure down from the head gasket or up from sump/block gasket .

i tried that and to get pictures, they are a salvage yard and they dont mess with "engine swaps" like they put it, but I can gladly buy the motor.

ha ha

Just looked at a X5 4.4 M62 there are several motor mount holes drilled and tapped in side of block. If this is consistant with the other v8 motors they have the bosses for the holes are drilled and tapped, the different motor mounts should just bolt on if different configurations. At this point all I can tell the difference is this.

X5 4.4 = no hole drilled through block under intake for "car" PCV system

4.4 car = hole drilled under intake for oil return line from back of "car" intake.

this is really not a problem as this hole can be capped off and the pcv components under timing cover can be removed (x5 front cover will have to be used)

but.... I would like to chat with someone that has done this before. It seems that you can put a M5 motor in a x5, so that config seems to work. but no concrete evidence on this swap yet

Sponsored Links