View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 AM

90turbo1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheader View Post
Rebuild that motor , the bottom ends are bullet prof find me one that a rod went through the block .Now if you had water in the oil thats a different story. Do the heads and guides reuse the chains replace the timing chain guides and get a vanos tool kit to hold the cams in place .Did the engine burn oil ? DId the chain wear a hole in timing chain cover ? I would take the heads off and take them to a good machine shop and see if they could straighten the valves and reuse them if not just replace them . How do You know it bent the valves ? ?

i know the valves are bent as there is no compression, and 100 percent leak down in two cylinders so far. and yes I know how to use a leak down guage. its just not time well spent for me to tear that rig down and sit and rebuild that motor and end up spending almost the same money as the motor I found with 64k on it.

I plan on new chain guides and front cover gaskets, rear main seal, oil pan gasket on this motor. It has a 2 year warranty so if head gasket goes later one then so be it. Basicly I will refresh anything that is not easily changed in the car while motor is out.

Sponsored Links