View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM

Clockwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_Rob View Post
With the main panel in the closed position with both panels vented open go ahead and open the sunshade all the way.. Then climb in the back seat and look at the middle of the 2nd smaller panel on either side (driver and passenger sides of the car).. You will see a single torx screw on each side.. Unscrew both of those screws .. Those screws hold the panel guide in the open or vented position. Now get out of the car and give the panel a firm push downward.. It will "pop" loose and close down.. That's it.. The entire sunroof should now be fully functional minus the ability for the 2nd panel to vent back open.. I took the time to really clean the entire sunroof area, greased the tracks and sprayed some wd-40 onto a rag and wiped down the areas that snug up to each other when opening or closing.. Mine is working great now..
X5Rob, you're a champ. thanks for the heads up. I have to do this. its a useless piece to tilt, in my opininion, and it seems to be causing the binding of my main larger roof pannel. Hope I can figure out the rattling sound while up there too.

edit: I did remove the 2 screws and it works flawlessly now adn only took 2 minutes to modify/solve the "popping on open" issue. NOW to find out why the main glass sheet rattles when closed...
BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

Last edited by Clockwork; 03-21-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Sponsored Links