View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM

tmv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
Toe wears tires, not camber. <--This is true.

If OP is worried about tire wear, he should ask the alignment shop to set the rear toe to the minimum toe in specs from the BMW recommended range. He could always go even closer to zero toe than BMW recommends, but that could possibly be a bit dangerous and lead to handling issues. I wouldn't completely eliminate the rear camber, but he could also have that set to the low end of the specs. Any good alignment shop should be able to do this as long as suspension components aren't worn.
Might be to late now for researching, OP. Ask the tech to align to your spec (make sure to do some research) If they must stay within manufacture spec, I'll find some other shop to do it.
I have the camber setting at the low end of BMW spec (the least camber), and toe setting as close to 0 as possible. No handling issue (unless you drive your SAV as a race car) and the Michelin Diamaris no longer have the excessive inner-tire wear that they used to, after about 8K miles so far.

00 E39 DINAN S1 //M5 (82k miles)
06 E53 DINAN 4.8iS, born 2/18/2006 (126k miles) http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...s-my-dslr.html
90 Straman Z32 TwinTurbo Convertible, (1 of 44 ever made) 5 speed, 444rwhp/451rwtq
01 360 Novitec Spider F1 (26k miles)

Sponsored Links