View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 PM

RuhRoh is on a distinguished road
The install was super easy. I bought the trunk mounted unit and the dsp converter. All you need to do is connect to the power and ground, then connect the converter to the existing 3-pin plug and connect your short dsp cable from the converter to the amp and you are in business. Maybe took 15 minutes at most. But I didn't have the cable to connect to the amp so had to wait a week or so. If you are going this route make sure you have the cable first. If not get it from your dealer or an online source.

My main interest was getting my music collection available in my car. I have a 12gb usb travel drive that I've loaded with a bunch of songs. I set up the 6 - files on the drive and copied my music over. The interface works great. You can see the artist, the album and the song display on your MID (if you can read it - need to get my pixels back).

I haven't gone with BT yet - my commute isn't long and I'm not on the phone that much. My focus was the music. I do want to add XM at some point which I can do through the additional jacks on the device.

I highly recommend the Grom unit. Buy it from performancemp3.com - they gave me a package price to buy the unit and the dsp adapter. Ordered it on a Wednesday, had it Friday afternoon and I live across the country from them. Great service for sure.
Topaz Blue/Tan
150k on the clock and crossing my fingers
Grom USB Interface

Sponsored Links