View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:40 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buguyed View Post
Sunday I checked fluids on new battery, all is good. Then Unplugged the battery for 1.5 hours to hopefully reset anything. Then hooked all back up.
I don't have a battery charger so got some jumper cables and ran from my E46 (Has 13.6 volts off and 14.2 running) to the E53. With cables in place and the X off, it was getting 13.4 volts at the OBC. Running it was at 13.8. Did this for about 30 ish minutes. (I ran cables to connector under the hood and not battery direct).
Afterwards I tried the steering wheel turn lock to lock a couple times and went for a drive. Seeing 13.8 on the OBC the entire drive. Light still present as ever...
Since your battery voltage isn't low after replacing and charging up your new battery...plus driving around seeing that the alternator/charging system is working...and your 4x4 warning light is still illuminated...the next step is to communicate with the vehicle (BMW DIS/GT-1) to see which sensor is setting a fault for the 4x4 warning.

The 4x4 warning light does have a purpose...it lets' us know when something is wrong with xDrive...as well as illuminating when we manually turn DSC off. Just to check, the DSC button wouldn't happen to be pressed in or stuck from a spilt sugary drink etc?

BTW...just to be sure, your battery warning light is NOT illuminating while driving or staying illuminated, right? I ask because the battery warning light comes on to let you know when the alternator/charging sytem is NOT keeping your battery charged...and thus is the culprit for electronic problems (the battery is the VICTIM in this case, not the culprit).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links