View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:58 AM

rolfi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrcan View Post
It sucks that you have to put in extra work to make it perfect...that's why i always hate working with aftermarket parts - there is always something that requires tweaking...

regardless - looking forward to the end result - should look really nice!
True, I agree! But this looks like it needs very minor work.
And if you compare the cost of these parts and the OE ones, the OE "kit" would be far far more expensive. Even though it fits perfectly, it would still have to be painted.

When looking at the Norwegian prices for the parts, the OE kit would cost close to $4000 painted. The fiberglass kit would be a total cost of around $1400 painted, as long as I do all of the prep work myself. ...Or make that a total of $1500, including mounting parts like screws and glue.
And who doesn't want to save $2500, by doing a nights work of filling and sanding?

I've seen many aftermarket bumpers which looks a lot worse than this. This actually looks pretty good (judging by the pics), compared to much else. I've seen twisted bumpers, bumpers which are several centimeters too wide or too narrow etc. I have friends who have dropped aftermarket bumpers off at the paint shop, and had it come out more expensive than the original ones because it didn't really fit at all, and was just too rough. So much for saving money on buying cheap aftermarket parts

But as I said, these look very good. And the fact that it's a perfect fit, makes it almost unique! I'll be buying this kit, as soon as I get my tax-return

Sponsored Links