View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv View Post
Ricky_Bobby, you have 20" wheels and 2-axles air suspension. I'd go with 707F/709R.
Personally, I would lower it another inch from that value.

Thanks guys, obviously I will make sure tires are at proper pressure when I do the calibration next week, they should not be off by more than 1 psi or 2 at most currently as they were checked a week ago. I have Toyo tires but same sizes as stock, so no worries there. Regardless, 1 or 2 psi would not change my ride height by 40+ mm!

Obviously the last calibration that was done was way off, like I said if my "normal values" should be a height of 707/709 mm then I am approx. 42mm (1.6 inches) off! I will set it to default values first and see how it looks/rides, I may lower another half inch to make it an even 2 inches down from where I am currently at.

I have been looking at my car for the past year going "gosh it really looks high considering I have the sport suspension", I assumed it was right because before I got the car the PO got the suspension calibrated and module replaced, obviously it wasn't done at BMW. I used to put my car in the "access" position and say to myself that's what stock 4.8is ride height looks like! Haha.

Will update next week after playing around with DIS on the GT1 thanks to Neil (neilrmp) who is local to me. TwinsPoppa posted about a function in service functions about "setting the zero point" so I am going to try that function, before trying to do the calibration and "trick the air ride" by putting in positive values to lower, and negative values to raise, etc)
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links