View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv View Post
^You didn't set the zero point. That number is memorized in the computer for each wheel size. It can NOT be changed (but it can be fooled )
What you enter last night is your computing measurement number (not even the actual measurement) That's why you're not at standard ride height now since it's NOT the actual measurement.
sockethead, I'm not sure about your situation. I remembered vaguely something in DIS stating that the calibration will be carried out after (or during) normal driving. Did you do back-to-back calibration without driving the X? In my case, the computer did lower right after the calibration procedure and I double check with the tape measure. I lowered it 1" all-around.
I see, so the million dollar question is whether my ride height will correct itself to default of 707/709 when I calibrate it later on, for some reason I'm not crossing my fingers it will go to the standard 4.8is height, the 20" 'non-sport' values are 722/724 so I am interested to see if it sets default for sport value or non-sport with 20" wheels.

I feel like even though I have sports suspension the standard height remembered for my 3.0 has to be different than a 4.8is, then again I can't really ever remember someone posting on here that has a 3.0 with air suspension like I do, let alone seeing what their ride height looks like. And also, even if the 3.0's that have posted with air suspension there are probably even less that have 20" wheels and have had the ride height calibration set for them.

Will report findings later, very interested to see how this turns out.
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links