View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:59 AM

TiAgX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by A B Able Truck View Post
It's been my life experience that when people react with closed minded negativity as TiAgX5 or BMWOEM1 does - They usually have something to loose or have done something wrong. They may make money on the issue or maybe he's an engineer protecting his profession. Most TBS (SIB) are admissions that an engineer or a dicision maker has phucked up. And nobody wants to get hit in the wallet.
Not closed minded negativity at all. Just pointed out the fact that resale values drop and troubleshooting future problems becomes more of an issue when band-aid repairs are done.

I've been involved in dozens of these types of "make it to shore" repairs in the '70s and '80 when out on 3 day deep sea fishing trips and 6 to 8 week cruises up and down the eastern seaboard of the NA continent (everything from big block Chevys to a 53' Bertram SportFish with Cummins VT8370s W/twin turbos). I've also redesigned/fabricated a few automotive components, the 1st gen Viper in my sig has an oversize trans input shaft, bearing and front billet front trans plate (torn down, CMMed, designed in UniGraphics, CNC machined, assembled and reinstalled by me), to handle the added power and get rid of the input bearing neutral rattle that is common on gen 1 and 2 Vipers.

I avoid these indirect repairs whenever possible. Pulling heads and sending them to a machine shop for a rebuild is no big deal.

I'm a manufacturing engineer for the aerospace industry and had therefore well aware of the millions of $s and hours that go into designing and testing systems.

Sponsored Links