View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 AM

Skier1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanX5d View Post
As far as I remember you can't do it all from underneath unless you are an experienced proctologist. The air cleaner assembly is above the manifold and removing that means removing all the duct work on the firewall etc. The guys at Autologic did mine as well as the PCV valve and the glow plugs at the 200K service.

I would be very interested to see your comaprison between the manifolds. Check to see if the ports match the gasket. The one I saw on the net had the EGR port coming off cylinder one only. Having less exhaust gas in the intake tract is not ideal for emissions, but I am not sure what effect there is on partial throttle tune. Closed or Full throttle will be unaffected.

Cheers
Hi Yes you can do the whole job from underneath ,I replaced my manifold with a cast unit.I put the vehicle up on blocks about 6" high ,removed the underpan and done the majority from underneath .The only items I removed from the top were some hoses etc and the air cleaner assembly .No way did I want to remove all the injectors etc when there was no issue with them .It wasnt a bad job to do ,just took my time and a bit of patience.Replaced the turbo while I was at it as well.No leaks now.The ports etc on the manifold I removed and the new cast iron unit I fitted was exactly the same.Only done about 20,000 k since it was replaced and all good so far.

Sponsored Links