View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 03:44 PM

sunny5280 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboGTR View Post
Consensus is always composed as a matter of opinion. Looking through threads, many on here have experiences problems after a fluid change, i.e. Trans fluid is a high detergent fluid, after a change, dislodges debris within the tranny. The debris could clog up passages for the fluid to circulate, starving the tranny of fluid in critical places. Is it 100%? No... it doesn't always happen and I am sure those who have changed their tranny fluid have experienced many miles of trouble free service and really don't voice the success. But those who have changed the fluid and experience failure, you can bet that they will always broadcast it.

While I agree fluid changes are necessary... I do not agree with having to spend a few hundred to change the fluid on a working transmission, then experiencing a failure and spending a few grand to fix it. Again, matter of opinion. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
In theory the explanation makes sense. However there have been nothing but anecdotes to support such a thoery. We don't know all the details that go into each anecdote. For example it's not unlikely someone was experiencing a transmission issue and decided to try changing the fluid in an effort to correct it. Instead masking an underlying problem. Until there is support data it remains nothing more than theory.

Sponsored Links