View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Premier Member

JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Well and truly off topic, except for the last bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
I didn't say you did. I said, and I quote:

"If you've got an accusation I've been deceitful through editing my posts then say it..."
Fine. I didn't say it. You suggested I implied it. That better? For the record, I didn't imply it either. I simply noted that back when the previous discussion was going on, there was editing happening. It made it hard to follow the discussion at the time. The reason I remember is, there was at least one side conversation going on on private messages, with dicussion and comments about your approach. You were engaging in a debate with half a dozen or so forum regulars, some of whom had trouble following your logic. It just stuck in my mind.

Quote:
Do you understand english? Is it not your native language?
Seriously? You want to insult every person who has English as a second language? Sí, Inglés es mi idioma principal. Sí, lo entiendo. Es la reparación de vehículos su primera profesión? No need to answer that.

Quote:
What does this mean? Do you mean that I was deleting posts? Where are the references? Specifics please.
Yes, it means you were deleting or modifying messages. Here is one specific example: See the thread http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...nsmission.html. Your post #29. It was long. I wrote a detailed response. I had quoted you, so I had a copy of the long text. The flaw was that you used a circular argument in describing your burden of proof point. When I posted, I got a system error. It turned out that you had deleted the long text while I was typing, and left only a short response. Probably a good thing, because you had dug yourself a hole. My response in post #30 was my reminder. Is that all specific enough for you?

I have been thinking about something. Your reference for best practices on maintaining a BMW automatic transmission is an ex BMW dealer employee. Let's assume he knows all about BMWs. Now, how would he know anything about automatic transmissions built by ZF or GM? BMW doesn't train their dealer techs on those transmissions. They don't provide parts through their dealer system, so rebuilds are very unlikely at a dealer. Dealers are offered exchange transmissions in the event of transmission failures. And the BMW service instructions included in at least one case, instructions to drain the fluid and reinstall it, if a dealer tech had to go inside the pan. Yet an ex dealer employee is presented as an expert witness, so to speak. Doesn't seem like a logical conclusion.

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Sponsored Links