View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:37 AM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
Same old story, another new person.

JCL, are you sure our transmissions are sealed? What about that vent tube that runs all the way to the engine bay.

Whatever.

I changed my fluid at 70K miles. Not flush, but drain and fill. I had crap stuck in my solenoids at 80k miles, so that put in about 10q of new oil.

My Lexus GS430 came with a card in the maintenance manual to drain and fill transmission every 30k miles. It is a very rare occurrence for the Lexus trans to fail, but the cases where it does fail, people were clueless about the regular oil refresh it required.

Will I keep changing the oil in my X5. Yes I will. Is it possible it will fail, yes it is. But, in my case, I am not afraid to try. I also use the proper oil, ZF6, and use a computer to monitor the fluid fill temperature.

Is my transmission acting better? Yes it is. But that could be since I "maintained" it with new solenoids, new fluid (times 3), new seals, and removed the crap that was blocking my solenoids since the beginning.

2017 F85 x5m, Black on Red. BEAST MODE

"The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes." - Mark Twain

Unlock OBC post 5

Sponsored Links