View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
OK so I used the Hydes this weekend on the wash, and my review as follows:

Does it work as advertised? Absolutely, use in accordance with the directions. I usually do my wheels/tires first before the rest of the car, so after misting the rotors with this stuff, I let it sit for a minute or two, then just lightly rinsed off the inside bottom area of the wheel to get rid of any product that dripped, then I washed the car as normal and wiped the wheels down when I dried the car.

It definitely kept the "surface drying rust" from appearing, and I will probably keep using it, or at least finish my bottle, but since my rotors are about 2 years old already, there is some corrosion on the rotors already which it won't prevent.

However, I highly recommend the product if you are replacing rotors or have done so recently and want to keep them looking as new as possible. My rotors obviously don't look "new" when using the product but they look the same as after I have been driving, no surface rust on the braking surface, which is helpful when you first pull out of the garage, you don't get that initial rust-dust application on the wheels.

All in all, a worthwhile product and a bottle should go for a while, used about 10 spritzes per wheel, we will see how long the bottle lasts.

Good product!
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links