View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM

davintosh is on a distinguished road
Things just got interestinger; last night I was able to get the doors to lock with the remote, but I got a call from my wife a short time ago to let me know that her remote wouldn't work this afternoon, and the key wouldn't unlock the door either. I've got some ideas on how I might get inside, and pm'ed another member who got through a similar problem, and he confirmed that one of them worked. So there's hope...

But back to the original problem; last night I could get the key to turn 45° to the left, but it wouldn't turn to the right at all. I didn't know to try turning it 90° to the left for manual unlock; I'll try that first when I get home. Any tricks to making that work? I'll also give the lock a shot of some penetrant and some lock lubricant, just for good measure.

if anybody has any insight as to why the door lock would be stuck like this, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Also, when it comes to the remotes, I was thinking that if the problem is a low battery in my wife's key fob, maybe I could crack it open and use a pair of 1.5V batteries in series to "jump start" the key fob temporarily to get in (and then order a replacement battery ASAP.) Any thoughts on that?
1984 528e/5-speed (soon to be M20B25-powered 525i!)

Sponsored Links