View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM

dpbayly is on a distinguished road
Headlight upgrade

Ive never been that happy with my stock Halogen headlights and always felt they looked dated.

Well last week I picked up a spare X5 for breaking and a robbed a few bits off it for my self the power fold mirrors and swiches and also the factory Xenon headlights.

They needed a bit of a clean up to bring them back to life which i did with the aid of wet flatting and polishing back up to a shine with a machine polisher.

how they looked before the clean up:

and after:

I then wanted to fit the SMD rings from my Halogen headlights into these new Xenon ones but because there post 2002 the lenses and bonded with a permanent glue instead of the stuff you can heat up so i had the cut the lens off to gain access to the insides:

Once the rings were installed I decided while the lights are apart I would get rid of the orange indicator in the side of the light.

masked up

blown over with satin black:

once this was done i reassembled the lights by gluing and sealing the lenses back in place and where I had cut the lense once installed there is no sign that Ive been anywhere near them with the cutter even with the bonnet up.

Once back together one last thing I changed was to fit a set of 8000K bulbs:

Then refitted the lights back in the car and stand back and admire my work.

Before with the Halogens (tinted with SMD rings)

and now witht he factory Xenons and SMD rings annd 8000K HID bulbs:

Sponsored Links