View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:58 AM

brptrailrider is on a distinguished road
The intent is not a SCORE Prerunner or Dakar racer. More like Jack of all trades but master of none. Mine is a daily driver, canyon carver, road trip, ski trip, towing, and dirtbike recovery vehicle. I bought it to replace a pickup truck (F150), car (325 wagon) and sports car (RX-8) and so far it is doing a great job except for a lot of tire slip in the loose stuff and snow.

19" wheels made for a crappy ride on the street and the stock 17's look like cheesy but are way better. They were $300 on Craigslist with brand new Continental all season tires. Now it is time for new tires before ski season starts and I'm leaning toward the WildPeak. The front, rear, and center lsd/lockers are not necessary unless spending lots of time slipping tires because the brakes get really hot and the brakes kicking in is annoying. Protecting the radiator is the only other thing necessary in my plan.

So mike_DMT, I have to ask, if you are just driving your X5 on paved roads then why didn't you save some money and just get a 528i wagon? On paved roads it does everything better than the X5, (economy, handling, performance, reliability).

Sponsored Links