View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by davintosh View Post
Well, I got the hub off with a few hundred whacks (only working with the 5 lb weight on the slide hammer) then got the race off the hub using a Dremel with a cutoff wheel. Now the holdup is the ABS sensor; so far it's refusing to budge. Grrrrrr. With it in the way there's no way to get a plate on the back side of the bearing. I gave it one more shot of penetrant and will give it the night to ponder its stubbornness. Anybody have any tricks to getting that bad boy out of there?
I just sprayed it with PB blaster, gave it a LIGHT wiggle and a few tiny taps to loosen it in the bore, then used a vice grip just clamped enough to stay on there, and pull it STRAIGHT out, if you pull at an angle you risk breaking something. Its in there pretty good, make sure to spray penetrant from inside the bore of the spindle hole too (you can always clean the bore with brake cleaner later before assembling the new bearing.
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links